When you edit start/end times for exercise, automatically adjust distance, pace, GPS route

This suggestion is for the Fitbit mobile app to also adjust calories, distance, pace/speed and potentially GPS route if you retroactively adjust the start or end times of your logged exercise.

I've created this suggestion based on feedback around this released feature to edit start/end times of exercise, which has been released for iOS users (vote on this feature suggestion for release on Android).

12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

elijoh
Jogger

yes, we want this too....

Yes, this is a needed adjustment for accurately tracking exercises.

SaschaC
First Steps

Seems like this would be understood as needed.

glaze300
First Steps

This would be extremely useful. Hopefully something like this can be implemented quickly and for all platforms.

Eyecubed
Jogger

How was this not an obvious component of being able to adjust start and end times. It's getting crazy. Maybe we should start seperate requests for pace, gps, time, and heartrate. Then in each of those topics we can start new ones for android users or windows users. I'm thinking we can probably just start enough threads and polls that we community members will never think anything of the years it will take to have it working. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have just about given up on this ever coming. I'm going to get a Garmin since they allow editing workouts in their connect software on the phone.

kewlgrapes
First Steps

Adding my name. Thanks.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Cindy1
Base Runner

I have a Blaze and one thing I find annoying is that if I turn on the Exercise feature to track a particular workout (say weight training), and forget to turn it off, there is no way for me to edit the entry on the log page.  I can delete it, but I cannot edit it.  If the tracker self-identifies a workout like walk, I can edit it.  It would be nice if we could edit all the log entries so we can change the stop time or other details to accurately reflect the workout.  Right now it looks like I worked out 2 hours yesterday and it was actually 45 minutes.  

CSherry
Jogger

I agree with this, I forgot to turn my treadmill tracking on for my Charge 2 the other day, and I wanted to edit the start time of the activity afterwards but was unable to do so. Please fix this!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LizFitbit! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.