Zooming in on graphs (android)

I see the forum is already abuzz with requests to make the HR data available as a download with little response from designers. Seems like a no brainer to me, it is the most important data the device collects. I have heard several people call it a deal breaker when asking me about the fitbit's versatility.

That gripe aside, here are some others:

I'd love to be able to zoom in on the graphs (I use my phone exclusively). As it stands now a stint on the treadmill looks like a spike. I'd like to be able to break it down to see the sprints.

The Y axis needs more delineators. A pulse rate somewhere between 98 and 114 doesn't tell me much.

The X axis (morning noon night) needs more delineators. After morning and before noon doesn't really point at a particular time.

Any thoughts or movements on this

Moderator's edit: added labels

10 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I agree. I would also be nice to have some trend line, or other graphing features. These are available on the Jawbone app.
Jenalle
First Steps
Yes, zooming graphs are important! I would also love to be able to view the graph in landscape mode if I rotate my phone screen.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SolangeE
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello, friend! You are totally right! This would give the chance to check the information so much better and detailed! Hopefully this will be implemented soon. Thanks for your feedback. 🙂

calvismith
First Steps

Totally agree. While I love the FitBit Blaze, I have been very disappointed by how the data is shown, especially on the graphs. I honestly feel like all of the graphs have been intentionally designed to be useless. As the original poster said, there should be the ability to zoom in and see more data for specific periods of time (on all graphs, not just HR) and show more deliniators on the X and Y axis (again on all graphs). These changes should be made for both Android and iOS apps. 

The below graph shows a typical graph. The minimum HR for this day was about 36 and maximum was 170. But you would never know that from this graph. The abiliy to Zoom in would allow you to see what your heart is doing at a particular time (like sleeping, or driving, or working out). Please implement this soon! Thanks!

HR Data.PNG

Bananas1989
First Steps
Agreed. Im on android and currently i can only see the graph nothing else. On appl i have seen a friend be able to move up and down the spikes so he can read what the hr was at each time. I agree with the above it would be great to be able to analayse it in more detail. This i were alot of apps breakdown, great product but cant use the data properly. Garmin let you view graphs and overlap on say pace and also you can drag along the graph to view your hr pace etc at a certain point not just look at a simple graph that you cant properly read.
cmoulton50
First Steps

The “zoom” mode for full day heart rate is fix scaled 0 to 240 on the y axis.  That defeats zooming!  Much more useful if there is auto min and max scales like on the unzoomed  view.  In fact because of the huge range fixed scaling on “zoom” I get a better zoom view in unzoomed.

filip_lux
Jogger

Can you please add landscape heart rate view in Android app where you can interact with the view.

To explain - the current HR view in the Android app is UNUSABLE, because the scale of the axis is not proportional and it gives no useful information to the user. You already have landscape view implemented for sleep tracking and other data (like steps), so I don't see why this is hard to implement. 

And I've seen the comments on the forums by some of the moderators "to use the web app for this kind of view" - that's not a proper customer support reply.

As for the interactive part - please give the option for the same landscape view to zoom in/out or at least to set the lower/upper axis limits.

Jillemash
Jogger

Yes concerning HR graph, It would be great to be able to change time scale (via pinch&zoom) for example.

Also, to make them even more useful, it would be great to be able to see them in landscape mode (it's done for other data, so why is it not done for HR graph ?).

Finally, I don't find the way to make the info pop up appear on the graph. You have to precisely click on the graph at the exact right location, but considering that it's only in portrait mode and with a small time scale, it's hard to do.

My suggestion would be to be able to tap&drag the finger along the graph and display the pop up all along while pressing.

With these 3 changes the HR graph would be awesome to read, please consider implementing that.

Thanks.

charleskn
Distance Runner

I too would love to be able to zoom in on the various graphs, but mostly the HR graph by changing the time axis. This should work in both the mobile app and the web graphs. I'd be happy if I could even just have the graph limited to the period of the tracked exercise.

Adding rotation to the HR graph in the mobile app would also be great.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.