Schedule battery level alerts

I was just about to go to bed when I got the low battery notification, so now I gotta leave my band to charge for a bit before I can turn it. If it's at all feasible, it would be such a big improvement if you could customise battery level alerts. I would for instance like to be alerted an hour before my normal bed time, so that I could have time to charge without postponing my sleep, if the battery is getting low. (I value the sleep analysis feature). It might also be useful if you could decide how low the battery could go before it sends out the low battery notification, for planning reasons.

Or display battery levels on the app (PC and phone) at all times, so that it won't come as a surprise.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

10 Comments
Rikhoog
First Steps
For me just Show the % of battery level in the app and fitbit it self. What would do the trick is a astemated ours of batery level left, so you can plan charging the battery
KMV
Jogger

I couldn't agree more.  I used to have the Jawbone and it showed the battery percentage and it also buzzed when it got to 100% when charging.  I wish I could give this 100 likes!

CheriePie
Recovery Runner

Though I don't mean this to take away from your idea, I wanted to let you know that I have successfully slept with and logged sleep with my Charge HR even after getting the low battery notification before going to bed.  I'm not sure exactly how many hours are left after the low battery notification, but I can tell you it's at least 8 hours as I slept and only charged my Charge HR when I got in the shower the next morning.  And yes, my sleep from the night before was successfully logged. 

To sum up, from personal experience, I can attest to the fact that you can get at least 8 more hours after the low battery notification, though I suspect the actual number may be closer to 10 or 12.  It would be nice however if Fitbit would communicate the time left more precisely (perhaps based on your usage over the last 24 hours) to avoid situations like this. 🙂

lynnandcats
First Steps
I like this idea too!! Please consider adding this feature!!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I totally agree! I would like to be able to see the % charge left or else customise it so that I could get a low battery notification at 5/6pm.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
TarinFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

The idea to customize battery level alerts is going to be very helpful, everybody will be able to adjust this feature and don't ever miss any activity. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Currently fitbits have default thresholds to notify you of low battery. For instance, the versa will email or send a push once it's reached 25%; however, it'd be beneficial for a user to customize this based on their preference.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize battery level alerts. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Drdo
Jogger

I get a ton of emails, so the Google feature is not as useful for me as it may be for others. I would like the fitbit or app to send an alarm. I also like the idea of customizing the amount of charge left because at 25% one has several days of charge left unless your message is not to go below 25% which you should explicitly state.

Evidata
First Steps

I agree and want to put my own percentage.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.