iOS Widget on Notification Center lock screen

I'd like to see an iOS 8 notification widget to be able to view my daily stats with a quick swipe down from Notification Center.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

137 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Great idea! Would love this also.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RickyFitbit
Cross-Country Runner

That's a great idea. In order to received the most up to minute data, you would have to sync through the app. This means, you would have to log into the App, sync and then theoretically, you'll see the updated data in the notifications bar. Let's talk about this...

bilbothejust
Recovery Runner

If you have background syncing enabled on the iPhone AND Fitbit had an option to update every hour to populate the widget wouldn't that solve the problem as you've explained it?

The Argus widget for example updates continuously on M7/8 step count. I suppose I could just  use another product....

LydonZA
Recovery Runner

Can't the widget trigger an update? The Swarm app is able to pick suggest a check-in based on your location and show you where your closest friends are.

JP_Bark
Jogger

We definitely need to have widgets for iOS. You do not want to show favorites with android for giving them a feature that ios or windows phone or OS X or win 8 does not have. As your current stanc with HealthKit. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add the ability to check progress against your trainer goals to the iOS application.  It's great that you added it to the dashboard, however it would be far easier to hit the trainer goals if one could see progress throughout the day on a mobile device!  

Thanks

ryderb
First Steps

I thought the "All Day Sync" would essentially provide the background syncing needed to keep such a notification center widget mostly up to date?

All-Day Sync
The Fitbit app also supports all-day sync. This setting allows your Zip to sync with
your iOS device even when you don't have the Fitbit app open.
NOTE: All-day sync will only operate when your iOS device’s screen is turned on. If
your iOS device’s screen is off, your Zip will not sync in the background until
you wake your iOS device from sleep.

I'd think turning on the notification center would take the iOS out of sleep mode so if could perform such a sync update.

Antar
First Steps
There needs to be a fitbit widget in the notification center in iOS. This will result in easier access to tracking data (steps, miles, etc.) right from the lockscreen or the "Today" Tab when swiping from the top of the Apple device. This is a must !!! Pls vote!!
DomiRants
Jogger

Having to open the app first is just not true.

With iOS8 extensions you have a notification widget that could actually launch Fitbit, update your data and then show it. It background syncing was on, it shouldn't be a problem to send that data to the Notification Center extension.

JasonB03
Jogger
Yes! Make it customizable so I can choose what to show. For example, if I want to show Calories left for consumption that day with a quick access to open the app and log them. Check out the LoseIt! app to see a great execution of that function.
bennyb1775
First Steps

Being able to very easily and quickly access key FitBit data would be a very nice value add. I have a Flex, so sometimes I want to know the actual goal status (ie, not just a dot) but going into my phone to check often leads to other distractions I would otherwise rather avoid, like checking email or the news. I love the widgets in the notification center because they're very helpful in getting a glance at information that makes my day easier. Although the normal app is better than no app at all, a quick access widget would help reinforce my FitBit's role as an everyday managing of my health, just like my calendar is an everyday element of managing my time. 

Enhancements like these seem like a great ROI for Fitbit. It would make your product even easier to to use, appear less distracting to our attention, increase the frequency of interaction, all resulting in us viewing your product as a must have rather than nice to have. Please commit to putting this on your development roadmap!

Thank you

SavannahSG
First Steps

I have been looking for this feature since setting up my fitbit and I am disappointed to not have it available... I feel like a widget that allows you to have a log button that takes you to the app would even be suffice. I have the Charge HR so I'm more concerned about logging easier (Water and Food especially)...I widget that I could easily swipe would be the best improvement. 

dewarchavis
Jogger
I've seen the Andriod app with homescreen widget showing your total steps and I began to wonder why there isn't something like that in iOS as well. I've searched on the forum if anyone has already suggested this, but found none, so I thought I'd suggest it myself. The iOS8 has widget features in the notification panel, so why not? Also, I've seen someone suggesting putting a battery meter on the widget as well, as there's a lot of free space on it. I also think it's a good idea!

Please consider this. Thanks in advance!

ps. Tagged 'flex' wrongly, and for some reason I can't remove it to this day.
mrfrank505
Recovery Runner

I agree with all of these! Background sync would be great with this! The app could sync when notification center was brought up! and adding water would be great! I never add water becuase it takes to long when Im just having a glass of water.

Tien
Jogger

It would be great to have a dashboard built right into the iOS Notification Center so we can just swipe down from home screen to see our Fitbits progress at a glance.

Moderator Edit: Labels

Kaiapatrice
Jogger
One of the features that drains the battery to my Fitbit Charge HR is constantly checking my steps on my tracker. It would be nice to have widget option on my iPhone where I can constantly check my steps on my phone, without having to go into the app each time.
Regedanzter
Jogger

It would be awesome to be able to quickly see FitBit customizable stats on the iPhone Today Screen !

danbsfc
First Steps

Exactly what I'm looking for! Instant access to steps/miles/calories whatever I decide to show on the widget. Also an easy way to start / stop exercise logging would be great! 

rubbercake
First Steps
After 16 months, here's ANOTHER Fitbit feature request that's ignored by the development team. Time to trash my Fitbit, I get the impression they just don't care about their users.
rcshaw777
Jogger
It would be great to allow App users to set Widgets / Notification so we can quickly view summary outcome with sync button and last sync date/time.

If you like this feature, please vote here.

Thanks.
rcshaw777
Jogger
You got my vote for this feature request!
meej
First Steps

I would like to view my steps in the pull down menu. I have a flex and it is a nuisence to have to open the app to see my steps.

fenway062213
Recovery Runner
Yes, and I would love for that to come to OS X too.
BasketballJones
First Steps
I access the fit bit app for just a couple reasons. 1. To check sleep quality
2. To check progress of challenges.

Challenges require the most steps to access in the app, yet when in a challenge it is what I check most frequently.

The widget for Android currently allows me to check status of primary goal. But these are (almost?) all available for easy view both on the app and fitbit itself.

A widget showing challenge status would both make it easier to track challenges and would serve to further promote this great feature. After all there is no way to track challenge status on the fit bit itself.

I would want to see what place I am in. How many steps ahead of the next competitor or behind the leader or even show the results of the person just ahead and just behind me.
If I have multiple active challenges, just default the oldest and allow me to scroll to the next challenge.
oBoy
Runner

Great idea!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.