iOS Widget on Notification Center lock screen

I'd like to see an iOS 8 notification widget to be able to view my daily stats with a quick swipe down from Notification Center.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

137 Comments
Nikkiixo
First Steps

please add add widget for ios . for people who dont have a fitbit watch. thanks

Lewland5
Jogger

Good luck with that!

Jacob.M.
First Steps

Fitbit should come with a widget for Iphone that can keep track of your steps in real time. I say this because I use an app that allows me to use my Fitbit but I have to open the Fitbit app to send the information to the other app which I feel is a slight waste of time to do.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

mofarih
Recovery Runner
We need IOS lock screen widget that display steps and active zone minutes and maybe sleep or heart rate, that would be really nice!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mofarih, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making a lock screen widget for iOS devices with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

This would be a great feature, especially if there are no plans to integrate with Apple Health, or the new Apple Fitness app now in iOS 16 (which I just submitted a request for). 

Nicco48
Jogger

100% agreed, i would love this as well...

C'mon Fitbit, everyone has widgets nowadays. can this be sped up? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was surprised today that I couldn't put a steps widget on my iPhone's lock screen. It just seems like a no brainer. Just get this done Fitbit, there is no need to ask the community for something this obvious!

hirend
First Steps

There's a feature request for an iOS widget dating back to 2018 - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/IOS-Widget/idi-p/2696940

This already has 340+ votes and while it's not high compared to some of the requests that are under consideration, it is not a low number.

It is incredible that this hasn't been built yet...

ninjazzy
First Steps

I would love love love to see this. I wear my Fitbit on my ankle rather than my wrist. It's clunky to lift my foot to check my steps progress or heart rate at a glance, so I use the app a lot more, but it still takes many steps to unlock my phone and open the app each time and I still can't get all of the info I can get from my Fitbit (such as my progress on the hourly 250 steps). I would definitely use an iOS widget multiple times a day to check my progress! I was really surprised that I couldn't find any widgets at all for the Fitbit app, especially when most other health trackers have that information available. 

Caljerseyjogger
First Steps

This would be a great feature! To not unlock you're phone and see where you are in steps and distance. I wear my Fitbit around my wrist and could obviously use that, but it's smaller than my phone screen. Thank you so much for allowing us to comment and suggest.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.