twitch.tv Integration

I have only just received my Fitbit Charge 2 today and want to integrate it into my live streams, I just don't know how.....

I like to stream games in general and I think it would be cool to be able to integrate my heart rate into my streams when I am playing "Beat Saber" (which REALLY gets the blood pumping!) or when I play Horror games (I also have jump scare alerts turned on) OR just when it's a REALLY intense PvP game close to a win!

So, even if it's a site that shows your heart rate in real time, app or API.
That'd be great.

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @GlennyPennie!

ANonyMouse
Premium User
Powerwalker

This would be so cool! That way, the viewers can see what your heart rate is doing, so if you're placing a scary game, we can see that you're really scared. Can't pretend to be a "tough guy" when your heart rate says otherwise. Cat Wink

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GlennyPennie thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

TominationTime
First Steps

I am also a Twitch streamer with a treadmill desk that I use while streaming. I'd love to be able to get my stats available to display on screen; mainly HR, steps, miles, etc.

I can think of two implementations that streamers could use:

1) Have an app on the PC that updates a text file for the fitbit data. 

-That is, the app creates a separate text file for each stat (HR.txt, distance.txt, steps.txt, etc.).

-The text files only display a single number and gets overwritten by the app every second or so.

2) Integrate with a Streamlabs widget and give them the API to allow them access to my fitbit data.

ReclusiveFox
Jogger

I found this Googling if it was possible, this is such a great idea. I stream and I'd love to be able to do this on my streams and it's a great way to connect with the viewers. Hoping this is approved 🙂 

TominationTime
First Steps

I agree! 🙂 

Not sure if you know, but there is a fitbit app for the PC. I tried to use this to show my steps on stream, but I ran into two issues that stopped me:

1) OBS for some reason does not like that window and won't display it for me.

2) The app updates steps pretty slowly compared to the phone app. 

kiddosquall
First Steps

bump. would love to know how things are updating on this matter

GlennyPennie
First Steps

I would also like an update......

Tedztar
Jogger

It's been a surprisingly long time since this was suggested, I would love to see this. I have just started streaming and would love to integrate a heart rate into my stream as I play a lot of horror games and already own a Fitbit.

Any update Fitbit?

HiddenMarty
Jogger

Same here, not really horror games but I'd love to use it for VR games like Beat Saber for example. Is there really no API for that? I could even make the app myself.

Tedztar
Jogger

I was looking a while ago, it looks you could build an app for some of the watches, however it also looks like you would need to set up a web server or something to push to.

AJoyW
Jogger

Also bumping!

Pulsoid
First Steps

We are happy to announce that it's possible now to show your heart rate on Twitch stream with Pulsoid and some Fitbit devices

• Fitbit Ionic
  • Fitbit Versa
  • Fitbit Versa Lite
  • Fitbit Versa 2
  • Fitbit Sense
  • Fitbit Versa 3

You can create an account on pulsoid.net to start using the app

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GlennyPennie and commenters, thanks for sharing this product feedback. We’re excited to let you know that this Product Feedback has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on select Fitbit devices. To find it, just open the Fitbit app, tap Devices at the upper left corner > your device > Gallery > Apps. You can then search by category and choose Pulsoid for Versa, Versa 2 and Versa Lite, or Pulsoid for Versa 3 and Sense. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly by opening their app in the Fitbit App Gallery, finding their contact details (if they have shared them publicly) under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.