Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer reads notification vibration

Can Fitbit OS devs consider pausing the accelerometer sensor when a notification happens? I’m writing an application that relies on know when the user hasn’t moved at all for extended periods, and the fact that the user getting a notification creates bad accelerometer data means I can’t use Fitbit. WearOS pauses/filters out the effect of the vibration on the accelerometer 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

There have been no responses to this post here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Accelerometer-reads-notification-vibration/m-p/48444... which finds a bug in data given in listening to the accelerometer sensor. This is a bug, if a notification vibration registers as motion then motion data is incorrect. Could this be addressed? The system needs to omit sensor data while notifications are taking place, pause the sensor, etc. As mentioned in the other post, WearOS systems do not have this issue. 

Is this something that can be addressed? Could someone provide insight as to when/how this could be fixed? I'm not aware of how to report bugs like this but require this to be fixed in order to proceed with a clockface application. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nolsonstx   I merged your posts with @Ndev2157  in case they got an answer but didn't post it. From what I know of these forums, you get a response if someone has information. Maybe bumping this up will get something more current for you. As always, there are FAQs for this forum.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thank you for your attention to this!

Best Answer
0 Votes