Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding in a module like Fitfont into the Fitbit Studio

I'm wondering if its possible to add in a module like Fitfont to Fitbit Studio - I'm in need to use a custom font which I'll use Helvetica Neue font as a free alt to the San Francisco by Apple as I'm quite a fan of the Modular Watchface from the Apple Watch and want to build my own version to it.

how do I add it in and other things to the Studio or I need to use the SDK instead?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Fitfont can be used from Studio. Instructions are here.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

it also needs pillow from Python so how that can be added when its needed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I might be wrong @DrAlexthebat but I believe pillow is only needed for the asset generation. However Fitbit Studio is having a hard time compiling the file fitfont.js:

TS1109: Expression expected. app/fitfont.js:7,11
TS1005: ';' expected. app/fitfont.js:147,3
TS17002: Expected corresponding JSX closing tag for 'link'. app/fitfont.js:400,6
TS1003: Identifier expected. app/fitfont.js:400,16
TS1382: Unexpected token. Did you mean `{'>'}` or `>`? app/fitfont.js:400,18

Do you have any more ideas @Gondwana? I am using SDK version 6 by the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm guessing there's a syntax error in something you've entered (possibly in your index.jsx or index.view).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

You were absolutely right @Gondwana. I am deeply ashamed. My fitfont.js was completely broken. I should have checked the content twice. After fixing the content I can confirm that it is possible to use the Fitfont module within Fitbit Studio as described under the link you provided. Your first reply should be marked as solution.

Best Answer