Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Pressure monitoring app

I would like an app for the Ionic that takes an hourly reading of air pressure, and then displays the results for the past 5 days in a graph.

I am new to programming but thought this might make a good place to start. Having searched through the forum and the app gallery I can't find anything similar, so thought it would make sense to ask if there was a reason for this, before diving in. 

I think such an app would have to either always running or have the ability to wake itself up, and figure this may be the reason that it hasn't been done - can anyone give me a bit of advice before I start?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

You're right that you can't wake an app, or have background processes. You could do this with your own clock face though.

Here's the barometer guide https://dev.fitbit.com/build/guides/sensors/barometer/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I considered such an App, but there is an important detail. To get the air pressure trend you need to measure it at the same place (altitude) along the days. A way to do this would be to only measure during sleep (assuming the user always goes to the same bed).

I have been fiddling with an Altitude app, but currently struggle with the ability to draw a graph since there appears to be no canvas. Will probably do it by resizing a set of pre-placed rectangles and do a bar graph.

Best Answer
0 Votes