Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit sync issue

I have been collecting fitbit data from a couple of subjects. 

I suddenly realized that some of their fitbits have not synchronized even though they set up all day sync option, and avoided battery optimization (It was okay).

His phone is Galaxy S8, OS is 7.0, fitbit model is Blaze. It had been synchronized every 15 minutes since April 9th. It has stopped synchronizing the data every 15 minutes since May 1. So, he has to manually open Fitbit app so that he can synchronize the data.

Why does it happen? 

My fitbit is also Blaze, and phone model is Galaxy S9+. My data keeps synchronizing the data every 15 minutes since early March. 

Is there anyone who has similar experience to me?

I would be grateful if you give me advice.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It could be changed behaviour in Android. Android is getting ever more aggressive in killing background apps (which is normally A Good Thing), but the Fitbit app needs to keep running in the background to allow syncing (if you don't want to do it explicitly). An Android update could have changed this behaviour, or even just using more/newer apps on your device could change things by putting more pressure on the available memory.

I think there's a setting for 'keep-alive widget' (or something like that) which could help with this.

Or it could be something else entirely. 🙂

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Android is getting strict. But it is possible to avoid background refresh stuff if we turn off battery optimization. That is what I have been doing. My phone is OS 8.0, and the latest phone Galaxy S9+. Mine perfectly works well. That is the reason why I couldn't understand this sudden issue.

Let me try to to do widget option. 

Thanks again 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes