Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to display.autooff? Package documentation

ANSWERED

I was wondering if there was an alternative to the display.autoOff property? It's only for a 2 minute span then I return it to an off state. I saw somewhere that it was deprecated and the functionality of the app changed in 5.0. I was just hoping there was an alternative before I jumped in coding for the new design guidelines.

Side note is there a way to take a peek at the packages contents? I'm not super great with javascript and have been just faking it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You might be falling foul of appTimeoutEnabled. Try setting it t false. That will keep your app running, but won't keep the display on.

The change in 5.0 is probably Always-On Display. You probably don't want to go there yet.

What package contents are you wanting to peek? The .fba file that gets built for your app is a .zip file by another name. Append .zip to it and you can get in.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

You might be falling foul of appTimeoutEnabled. Try setting it t false. That will keep your app running, but won't keep the display on.

The change in 5.0 is probably Always-On Display. You probably don't want to go there yet.

What package contents are you wanting to peek? The .fba file that gets built for your app is a .zip file by another name. Append .zip to it and you can get in.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes