Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any update on Fitbit managing payment of clock faces?

Hey all!

I recently bought the Fitbit Versa 2 in hopes of learning how to use the SDK to create some custom clocks. I have created many web pages and was stoked to have the potential to create my own watch faces with the goal to eventually sell the better ones.

That said, I find it disappointing to see developers having to outsource to third parties to manage payment or asking for a donation (which they probably never get) via paypal. As a user of the device I really don't feel comfortable putting in my payment info in multiple different places for a $.99-$1.99 clock face so I shouldn't expect potential users to do the same. I also feel like this discourages devs from creating very intricate apps because they won't be compensated for their time.

Does Fitbit have any plans to manage payments like an app store?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

The Fitbit App Gallery does not currently support paid apps or clocks. There are developers who list their products within the Google Play Store and Apple AppStore, so payment can be handled there. Once paid, the user downloads an unlisted clock from the Fitbit App Gallery. The alternative for more complex apps it to have your own subscription service for your products.

Best Answer
0 Votes