Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got the 250 Step goal per hour on a watch face yet.

ANSWERED

I am not a developer, but looking to see if someone would be willing to design a watchface for me.

One of the things I would like on the watchface that I haven't found on any of the gallery ones is the

xx/250 steps per hour.

Looking for a basic white on black background with time and date (digital style)

Total Steps

Steps per hour (up to 250)

Current Heartrate

Heartrate Zone displaying either Fat Burn Cardio or Max

Thanks in advance

Lee

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Oh! I had the app set to Personal use only (which is why it was working for me), turns out you need to ask for permission to access to minute-by-minute data, the steps data displayed is much more accurate with it. I'll let you know when I hear back from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks Joseph.  Appreciate your help.

Lee 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem, it should be up and running if you want to update one more time, it takes a few minutes right now to load everything in but I'll fix that in another update if you want to download it now. Everything should be working though!

Joseph

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

In had to uninstall and re install it, but it allneed me to be working ok at the moment.

L

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great! If there are any issues of course let me know. Also I totally forgot you asked if I lived in Newport News, I do, do we know each other? lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Joseph

I saw the weather location at the bottom., And wondered. I am in the UK, But my Son in law was posted in exchange to the U.S. Army for 2 years. They lived in Newport. And he was stationed at the army base near by. We visited several times and loved it.

Really appreciate your effort in all this mate.

Let me have your PayPal account and I'll send you some "beer tokens,"

Lee

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm also looking for a clock face with Reminders to Move on it.  Any chance yours will be posted soon, or can i be another tester?

Or is there sample code for this posted anywhere?

Thanks,

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah man, it's been a pain trying to get something working with Fitbit's limitations, you can install it by opening this link on your phone: https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/clock/48296514-f4ef-466a-aec9-52e9d5cc241f

Right now it doesn't seem to be loading the previous hours for certain people but it's working for me. So let me know what happens.

Best Answer

When I installed it it showed 0 steps for the current hour, but other than that it seems to work fine.

Except I have a Versa and the text is truncated on the right side.

I may have to write my own since what I think I want is pretty simple.  Where you able to find anything documented about the reminders to move?  Are there any examples?

Thanks,

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was actually a real pain figure out, there is no documentation or API for hourly steps so I had to log live stuff using just current steps/time and previous data I had to get using the fitbit web api's intraday steps data. I can throw together a css file for versa some time over the weekend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

John,

I updated the app and it should work with the Versa now. You can still download it with the same link but will have to install another watch face to install it again as Fitbit doesn't allow you to install a new version over a current.

If the hourly steps don't work after installing you might have to clear the settings and app data in the watch face's settings then reinstall again. Please let me know if it works for you or if there are any other bugs.

Regards,

Joseph

Best Answer
0 Votes

It installed and does fit the Versa - thanks.

But I'm going to develop my own clock face with a much simpler display - only including the details I want.  I found how to get the hourly data but I need to go through the authorization process to do that.

What I haven't been able to find is how to get the user configured hours for the Reminders to Move (e.g. start and end times).  Have you discovered where this can be found?

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gotcha, glad it works, thanks for testing it.

There is literally nowhere you can get the user's reminders to move preferences. I looked everywhere in the web api and the device api, nothing. If you find something let me know but I'm pretty sure they don't exist. As you saw I just included settings in the app so that people could just enter their times/days easily.

One other thing, you don't need to get authorization to get intraday data if it's your own data. You only need to get authorization if you plan on putting it on fitbit's store and having other people use it.

Joseph

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem - glad to help.

I think there must be some way to get the reminders to move preferences since the Today app uses them.  I just have no idea where they are.

Since the documentation is a little lacking in this area maybe someone will reply that knows how Today does it.

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of couse, because fitbit has them internally lol. They don't need a public API to access them.

Joseph

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also developing a watch face that I would like to have an indicator for the current x/250 hourly steps. Would you be willing to share the code of your solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
In not the dev mate. If you look for Joseph on the thread, you can contact him. If you want to let me know if you get it done I'll do some testing for you.

Regards
Lee Chapman
07977 56 00 86
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I was wondering if you would be willing to share the method you used to get the steps per hour. Is that something you would consider, or are you keeping it as private intellectual property?

Thanks,

-tpozzy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just published a clock face that shows the hourly reminders to move.  Look for "Move It!" in the gallery.

Note that since the hourly data is not available in the SDK the clock face code must monitor the steps for this to work and the clock face code exits if you run another app (such as Today or Weather).  This causes a restriction that you must show the clock again after using any application or the counts will not be correct if the hour changes while the clock face code is not running.  It tries to warn you if this happens, but it cannot report on steps that it "missed".

Other notes and features:

• It comes predefined for the reminder hours from 8 am until 6 pm.  You can change that in the settings but for now you need to use military time, so the initial values are 8 and 18.  For some reason the initial values don’t show up in on the settings page but they do if you change them.  Setting the new values is a little cumbersome – hopefully I can get a more user friendly version of the settings UI to work.
  • It provides additional reminder vibrations, if needed, at 52, 54, 56 and 58 minutes after the hour.  Each additional reminder also displays a reminder screen with the stick figure and a circle showing your progress, but that only shows for 5 seconds and it doesn’t turn on the display so you might miss it.  But you can always see where you are in the hour from the main screen.
  • It shows the steps for the current hour, even if it isn’t in the reminder window.  And unlike the app in the device, the count goes above 250.
  • The circle has 2 components:
    • The dots represent the reminder hours.   A red dot will be present if you make the goal and it will be blank if not.  If you make all of the reminders for the day, the dots turn green.
    • The circle represents the progress towards your daily step goal (e.g. 10000).  If you make the goal, the yellow line turns green.
  • It only shows steps after it is installed. Hours before then will show as not meeting the hourly goal.  However the daily total is accurate since that is exposed in the SDK.

Give it a try if you like.

John

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fantastic. I'll give it a try

Regards
Lee Chapman
07977 56 00 86
Best Answer
0 Votes