Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Icons disappeared and settings app is unaccessible

ANSWERED

I was browsing Fitbit Studio on developer's part of the site, because being open to developers was the reason I chose Fitbit Ionic.  Then as I connected my watch and phone and run the code, which was the simple red clock given in the tutorial; all my app icons (except exercise and coach) disappeared. I can't access to any apps without the icons including the settings.

My assumption is having a minor spelling mistake in the code I uploaded makes it crush the images and as it crashes it can't open the apps. But now I can't read my Ionic from the Studio so I cannot fix that too.

I've tried rebooting it thousand times and couldn't find a way to return my Ionic to factory settings without using the settings app. But again, I cannot access the settings app... I've tried moving my settings app and opening it from every possible position.

Please help me find a solution

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately you'll need to factory reset to recover.

1. Remove the Ionic from your account.
  2. Delete the bluetooth pairing.
  3. Press and hold all buttons on the device.
  4. Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
  5. Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
  6. You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

6. You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your help but unfortunately it didn't solve my problem totally due to errors I've encountered after the 6th step.

@JonFitbit wrote:

As I did everything else and see the red cross, I pair it with my phone and it turns to a green tick. But as I am pairing, couple of seconds after I put the number code, it shuts itself down, even before I can connect to WiFi. I tried all these steps multiple times and even if I touch the screen all the time so it doesn't shut down, then it can't again stay on till the update. I always get stuck at some point because it gets shut down, then the connection is lost, and nothing goes any further. I've see maximum 5% of the update on my screen. 

What would you suggest me to do at this point ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

persist with trying the factory reset again.  make sure you're precise in following steps 1-5 as suggested.  i've been doing a bit of dev stuff, and had a similar problem the other day.  the factory reset resolved my issue.  during your firmware update, after the factory reset, ensure you maintain a stable wifi connection, and are reasonably close to its source - it seems to take 20-30mins over wifi. good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I do all these steps exactly as they are said and also see the red cross at the very end. Then i begin my setup and as I pair the ionic with my phone, after I log the numbers it turns itself off. So I can't even connect it to WiFi so I turn the Ionic back on and then begin the update. During the update I keep an eye on my screen to see the current situation. so:

[I]   1 of 3: Connecting

[II]  2 of 3: Downloading (it runs unto 5%) 

[III] then Update Failed screen because the device shut itself down again and that's why the connect is lost... I turn the device back on click Try Again.

Then I am back to steps [I], [II] and [III]. Infinite loop...

Best Answer
0 Votes