Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App name and icon

ANSWERED

In the clock menu, no app name is displayed. Furthermore, I don't have any icons of my own anymore, at first it worked after several builds, but it disappeared.

Annyone has the same problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Clock faces don't have icons in the launcher, only apps. If you've lost icons of system apps, then the only way to recover is a factory reset. It's a known issue with the developer preview and will be fixed in the next update.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Clock faces don't have icons in the launcher, only apps. If you've lost icons of system apps, then the only way to recover is a factory reset. It's a known issue with the developer preview and will be fixed in the next update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a system App, thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this effect with my own programmed apps.

I'm working on a app. From the beginning no name was shown in the Ionic-Display and also the icon is missing from time to time... By now I didn't recognize any reason...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had it occasionally when I did not delete my app before a new build and run.

1. delete the app from your phone's Developer Menu

2. soft reset Ionic by pressing left and bottom right button 

Best Answer

For my own apps no title is shown below the icon - I tried several hints of the guys here in the forum - no success....

I expected that the Display name in the package.json (here "Runner") should be used as icon title - but in my case it never does:

packapackaNo titleNo title

Has anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Capitano

Best Answer
Nop
All my apps display it all the time.
I am to test other UTF8 characters for you later.
--
Jiulong dragonBTV Los Angeles, California
Best Answer

double confirmed even a name in other UTF8 character works.

Please make sure your phone is connected to studio also at least the first time running your app.

I fixed some strange issues with simply deleting app from phone's Developer Menu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all,

with the new OS version 1.1 Beta 3 the app name appears correctly.

Topic closed for me.

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes