Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not compatible for Versa 2

ANSWERED

Hi There,

I get a lot of messages from people who bought a versa 2 and found out that my Golf GPS app cannot be installed on a versa 2. There are even people who bought the Versa 2 just for using my app... How can I make my app compatible for the Versa 2? In the studio.fitbit there is no option to select. 

What do I have to tell my potential app users which have a Versa 2?

I've read somewhere that fitbit is manually checking apps for Versa 2 comparability. Is this correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Versa 2 SDK (version 4) hasn't been released yet, so you'll have to tell your potential users to wait.

Fitbit has done one or two automated(?) sweeps through the gallery to whitelist some apps for Versa 2. Dunno if they're planning to do it again; given the delay in releasing the Versa 2 SDK, I'm guessing that they'll have to.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

The Versa 2 SDK (version 4) hasn't been released yet, so you'll have to tell your potential users to wait.

Fitbit has done one or two automated(?) sweeps through the gallery to whitelist some apps for Versa 2. Dunno if they're planning to do it again; given the delay in releasing the Versa 2 SDK, I'm guessing that they'll have to.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can add support for Versa 2, but I need to know if you rely on button events? Since the Versa2 doesn't have buttons on the right side. Email app gallery support <appgallerysupport@fitbit.com>, and also include the UUID of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you guys for clearing this all up! 

When the Versa Lite came out I removed the dependency on the buttons. However, the code still includes button actions even if they don't exists. That does nt matter I Think? Do i need to make a check for device type and then add handlers for the button actions?

My versions from July this year are only depending on the back button. Side buttons are now additional to already available touch events. 

Fun fact is that my first app 2 years aggo was Rejected because each app had to make use of button function and thouch events... My first app did not make use of the buttons.

I personally would never buy a watch without the right buttons (and without GPS) because I use it in wet conditions where the thouchscreen does not work. 

Best Answer

....more than 6 months later.  Is Versa 2 compatible with Golf GPS Rangefinder?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ChicagoBill ,

Yes it is compatible. For 2 years already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi and thanks for the quick response. I'm moving 'up' from a Charge 3 - safe to assume, absent the need for other features in higher priced models that this will work as well with you app as any of the FitBit smartwatches?

Bill Gould
294 Sunset Dr
Northfield, IL 60093
847-564-7885 cell
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Bill,

The app is compatible with the Ionic, Versa 1, Versa Lite, Versa 2, Versa 3 And Sense.

I recommend a devices with a built in GPS such as the Versa 3 or Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa 2 and was really interested in downloading your sailing app. But the store says that it isn’t comparable with my device. Are you able to release a new version with versa 2 comparability  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiamV 

Download it here:

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/13a993c3-57ad-4567-8a3c-0135b8463e25

The sailing timer tactical app also works on Versa 3 and Sense. Please mind that the versa 2 does not have a built in GPS

Best Answer
0 Votes