Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App unfairly rejected

Dear Fitbit,
I bought an Ionic a little while back which I could scarcely afford (it was upwards of £200) in the belief that I could recoup the cost by developing apps for it.
I wrote a Catholic Bible app called "Caritas NT" and a free sister app which I published first called "Caritas John". The free app contains just five books from the New Testament; the paid app contains all twenty-seven books.
When I submitted Caritas NT for review I got this response:

"Due to the fact that this Clock Face content is not different or does not offer significant new value compared to existing apps (Caritas John), we have declined your submission. For cases when the only difference is the background image, you can add an option in the clock face settings for users to select the desired background image."

It appears the reviewer only gave my app a cursory glance. It's not even a clock face, and I didn't change a background image; I added twenty-two books which I painstakingly formatted into Fitbit-sized chunks over three evenings.
It is extremely common practice for proprietary software developers to publish a free/cheaper, trimmed-down version of their software/service. I can't emphasise this enough. Microsoft do it, Google do it, Amazon do it. Now I feel like Fitbit is penalising me for doing the exact same thing - effectively punishing me for a good will gesture on my part.
The full app most definitely offers more value and represents more work compared to the trimmed down version.
Please could someone from Fitbit contact the app review team, giving them this message in full, and ask them to reconsider?
Failing everything else, I would like Caritas John to be removed from the App Gallery, thus giving Caritas NT the unique value it apparently lacks.
Thank you.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Thank you so much to the three people who upvoted! Bless you all.

Please could someone from Fitbit get back to me? It's important. Thanks.

Best Answer

If you resubmit it there is a space for giving the review team details. You could fill that in for them to read when they review it.

Best Answer

Just resubmit it and put a description in the information section to let the reviewers know that it contains a lot more information and does offer value for money. Point out the significant differences between the two.

Best Answer