Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Refresh iOS

ANSWERED

In my experience, the Pebble iOS companion app has to be relaunched about once a day to keep it running for background refresh tasks.  Will the fitbit iOS app be able to overcome Apple's restrictions in this regard, or might users have a similar experience with the fitbit iOS companion app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Pebble and Fitbit mobile applications are very different, so it's not a direct comparison.

The Fitbit application doesn't attempt to run in the background constantly, but if it's not running, events will wake the application, and subsequently execute queued tasks. 

The iOS ecosystem is a bit more restrictive when it comes to background execution, but it wouldn't explain why you had to relaunch the app once a day. Maybe the Pebble app was misbehaving, and the background or the bluetooth communication got stuck.

I hope this helps resolve your question.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

The Pebble and Fitbit mobile applications are very different, so it's not a direct comparison.

The Fitbit application doesn't attempt to run in the background constantly, but if it's not running, events will wake the application, and subsequently execute queued tasks. 

The iOS ecosystem is a bit more restrictive when it comes to background execution, but it wouldn't explain why you had to relaunch the app once a day. Maybe the Pebble app was misbehaving, and the background or the bluetooth communication got stuck.

I hope this helps resolve your question.

Best Answer