Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta 2 heart rate problem?

ANSWERED

I installed beta 2 last night. Today I ran on the treadmill and when I looked down at my Fitbit it said my heart rate was 208! I almost had a heart attack before I realized that if that was true I would already have had a heart attack. I took the ionic off and back on my wrist and it then showed my accurate heart rate which is about 150 bpm when running at a 9’30” pace. Before installing beta 2 it had tracked my heart rate fine for the last 5 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the heads up. This is a developer preview, so it will potentially have issues unrelated to the non-developer firmware. I've raised this internally and we'll take a look.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

i'm seeing the bug as well. just went for a short walk and my hr was in the 190s after a few minutes of walking which is impossible. interestingly after the firmware upgrade this morning the watch displayed a notice to take the watch off and set it down for 15s to calibrate the hr sensor. so that must be related. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the heads up. This is a developer preview, so it will potentially have issues unrelated to the non-developer firmware. I've raised this internally and we'll take a look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an FYI, I don't think this is a general problem.

I ran this evening and checked my heart rate on Ionic a few times until the exercise app quit (see other post). The heart rate on Ionic compared very closely (as I recall) with what I've seen on the data from Polar which is using a H7 chest strap that I was wearing to do this exact comparison.

I'll keep monitoring and will report back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok,, I have also witness problem with the reading at a time, and DeepPurple says it is not a general problem. Assuming there is no device malfunction for a particular batch. How likely is it that Fitbit data can be hacked to give the wrong reading from time to time. ? Here are some reference links  Hackers having ability to sniff the data from fitbit is one think. And Hackers able to control the wearables to remotely control the devices like insulin pumps is documented  Is a whole different kind of risk that will prevent people from wearing or using wearables if they give wrong HR data from time to time

Best Answer
0 Votes