Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Compatibility - Fitbit Studio and Gallery App Manager

ANSWERED

There appear to be a number of differences in the developer experience depending on what browser you are using, and I'd like some clarification on the supported browsers and versions.

For example, Fitbit Studio will not run in Internet Explorer 11, but works fine in Edge, Firefox and Chrome, whereas Gallery App Manager doesn't work in Edge, but works fine in Firefox and Chrome. Here's my findings so far:

Internet Explorer 11

- Fitbit Studio will not load - just a spinning "Fitbit Studio is loading" icon

- Fitbit Gallery App Manager doesn't load at all - just a blank screen

Mozilla Firefox

- Fitbit Studio - OK

- Fitbit Gallery App Manager - OK

Google Chrome

- Fitbit Studio - OK

Microsoft Edge

- Fitbit Studio - OK

- Fitbit Gallery App Manager - on clicking "Login" button, "An error occurred loading this page."

Microsoft Edge - GalleryMicrosoft Edge - Gallery

Also, when viewing the Community forums in Internet Explorer, there was a banner at the top of the page saying that you don't support IE10 or older browsers, despite the fact that I was using Internet Explorer 11.

IE11.PNG

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for this feedback, I've passed it on to the relevant teams and they are looking into it. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for this feedback, I've passed it on to the relevant teams and they are looking into it. 

Best Answer

Is there any more recent information on browser compatibilities?

Is anything installed in the browser that has to be removed if Studio is no longer needed or has to be reinstalled browser side?

So far for Seamonkey [Mozilla] 2.53.9

- Fitbit Studio - OK, except build won't work

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes