Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Failed

When I try to build/run I get a red banner that says " BUILD FAILED. 

and the error reads : 

Internal error during build. Guru Meditation: TypeError: Cannot put file: unknown data type "undefined"

I found previous posts with this error. One solution offered was to use Chrome - that is my browser of choice. Another said to keep trying. I have tried multiple times, on different days. 

Switched to Microsoft Edge and got the same error. 

Updated Fitbit OS Simulator.

Using Chrome. 

Tried on MS Edge.

What is the solution for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

buildfailed.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

help please - still getting this error

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't have anything to do with the browser. Instead, it has to do with the selected API version for your project.

In the "package.json" file -- which is used to configure your project -- you need to select the correct API for the device for which you are developing. Ionic, Versa, Versa 2 and Versa Lite use version 4.2 of the API. The Versa 3 and Sense use version 5.0. Once you select the API version, you can only deploy your project to those specific devices. If you are using the simulator, you must select the device that corresponds to the API.

Unfortunately, the two API versions are incompatible use include different file names for a couple of the resources files. So, if you need to switch off between the two, you may need to manually fix these files.

Best Answer
0 Votes