Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I determine the current sleep stage?

Specifically, I want to take certain actions when a user is in REM, or at least light sleep. Is there an API that will allow me to access this information?

The Sleep API appears to be based on the log, once they are awake, but I want the current stage.

Thanks,

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Could we please get an update on if this could be made possible through the WebAPI? I've heard many mention the desire to have this feature for over 3 years. There could be so many possibilities if so. Lucid dreaming apps and dynamic alarms (which is what I am trying to do) are just some of the many possibilities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the fact that this thread has been active since 2017 isn't enough to show there is demand, it has almost 2k views which is only more evidence. I really hope this could be considered!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new version of the fitbit app will have smart alarms built-in. Hopefully pretty soon it will be possible to get the current sleep stage, but I wouldn't count on it.
As a requester of a feature that's been upvoted and sitting there forever, I discovered that I felt much better once I gave up hope. I gave up on my Ionic and moved to an Inspire HR device, since none of my ideas are implementable with the current SDK

Best Answer

I'm with @paperinik I left Fitbit OS development having see the lack of dedication and support by the same Fitbit (and by the way, because my Ionic, already a replacement under warranty, died after only 5 months)

Best Answer

hey since I see a lot of interest here about this topic, just posting a link to an app : https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/a17ed78e-bce3-4ebe-b7ea-957e8560a457 I ddid that determine the current sleep stage.

Right now detection is quite accurate, I always been buzzed (alarm mode) during a dream.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yannis. Can you share how you are achieving accurate sleep detection?

Best Answer
0 Votes