Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock Face

ANSWERED

I am a programmer and I saw that you had the Fitbit OS Simulator. I wanted to program my clock face for the Inspire. I downloaded the app and did research. I found several videos on how to pair the device and how to program it but when I went in, It was only for the newer ones like the Versa and Ionic. I was just wondering if there was a way I can program the Inspire or, if they were going to come up with a way to program is.  Also when will come out with more clock faces?

Thank you for your time and generosity.

-Wyatt Harbin.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Inspire doesn't run Fitbit OS so can't run third-party software.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

You need to choose SDK 4.2 in the package.json file.

Then you can program for all the previous watches, Ionic, Versa, Versa Lite and Versa 2

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right. Sorry. I should have been more specific. I was talking about the inspire. I should have clarified. Will there be more clock faces and or a way to program the clock face.

Best Answer

Inspire doesn't run Fitbit OS so can't run third-party software.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm interested in doing the same thing!

I don't find the 3rd party software answer on point, for some reason ...

It sounds like there is no developer software for the Fitbit Inspire series (including the Inspire 3 - for which I'd like to develop a custom clock for myself! just like I have for my Samsung Galaxy watch using Photoshop). I wonder how the designs get created if no developer s/w (unless it's just created by one Google dev and that's it) ... b/c I don't care for the color selection - for my taste - or fonts or background designs in some of the current Inspire 3 Gallery set. And I'd prefer to include alternative mixes of tap to show data for myself. It would be nice to be able to create a custom design using a provided developer kit. I don't need the larger Fitbit watchface design SDK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fotomaker01- see best answer by @Gondwana 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The trouble is, that answer doesn't make sense to me.

It talks about not using 3rd party software. So, that says I can't create a clock in Photoshop, Ai, Fitbit OS, etc. to run on a Fitbit Inspire 3.

It doesn't address whether there is an SDK for creating personal clocks we'd like the design of (vs ones for others' public consumption or sale).for iuse on Inspire 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fotomaker01- there is no SDK for the Inspire.

Best Answer