Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face fails to start after running for a long time

Has anyone had a problem like this or have any suggestions what might cause it?

I have a clock face that I've been running for a couple of months and occasionally it fails to start.  By that I mean that the display shows only the values that are coded directly in the svg.  No data that is generated by code appears.  Restarting the clock face (by going to Today or Weather) does not make a difference.  Rebooting the device will get it working again.

A few points:

• To troubleshoot this I added code to display "Starting" as the first lines after the code that obtains the element IDs and declares my variables.  This never appears.
  • Most of the code is in try/catch blocks and they display information on the display.  Nothing appears.
  • Since the clock face works fine after rebooting, I don't believe the problem is related to loading values from the saved data file.
  • My firmware version is 32.32.10.15.
  • I just received a report of this from a user so it isn't just me.

It almost feels like there a memory leak that doesn't get resolved by restarting the clock face , but that is only a guess, and no I have no idea how I could cause it anyway.

Thoughts?

John

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Any ideas on this?  Given that the clock fails to work after a while (a week or two) and can't be restarted until after the device has been rebooted, it sounds like a possible firmware problem to me.

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should get your device up to Fitbit OS 2.2. You'll need to factory reset in order to do that at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but I need to leave my device on the current firmware until most other users have upgraded..  I'll assume that this will resolve my problem and the other user who also reported it.

Is there a detailed list of what is fixed in the new firmware beyond what is listed in https://dev.fitbit.com/blog/2018-10-05-announcing-fitbit-os-2.2/ ?

Thanks,

John

Best Answer
0 Votes