Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Developer Bridge for the first time --> 1006 Error

I am stepping thru creating my first new Clockface per the "Getting Started" SDK guide.

• I am able to view the new clockface thru the Versa Simulator just fine

On the watch, though, when I go into Options->DeveloperBridge, and try to connect to Fitbit Studio, I always get a connection error.

• I see a message "Connecting to Server"
  • I see a message "Reconnecting"
  • These 2 messages cycle over and over for a while
  • This always ends, though, in "Connection error 1006"

When looking at the watch thru Versa->About, I do see an IP address on the watch

I have tried many steps to fix this

• I reset the Wifi connection in the Fitbit App on the phone (Nexus 5X)
  • I rebooted the watch and the phone several times

I have tried toggling the following Fitbit Phone App settings

• Always Connected
  • Keep-Alive Widget
  • All-Day Sync
  • Developer Menu->Developer Bridge

All without luck

I am stuck.  I don't know what else to try.  I cannot run the new clockface on my Versa watch from Fitbit Studio.  I tried following a similar Forum message on this same "1006 Error" topic, but it did not help

Thanks . . . Leigh Potter

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I'm having the same issue.

Phone can connect, but the Fit bit Versa continually fails.

I've tried using the Android hotspot and work WiFi, tried restarting the watch, nothing has worked

firmware is 32.32.10.15

Best Answer

Same problem here, got my Versa a few days ago and it connected successfully the first times but today it keeps getting error 1006 when trying to bring up the dev bridge.

I've dumped the network activity from the watch and after it connects to Wifi it makes a DNS query for 032-v3-client.fitbit.com and makes an HTTPS request to 169.55.193.23, after that it closes the HTTPS connection, disconnects Wifi and restarts the cycle for 4-5 times before showing the error 1006 message.

In other words the network works fine and the problem seems to be with the fitbit server.

Best Answer

I didn't change anything . . . but this seems to work fine today

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checked mysef and it connected straight away .

The server must have been having some issues  🙃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nearly the same problem, my laptop can connect, but my Fitbit Versa SE just can't be found

Version is 32.33.1.30

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeh I got. the same problem, my phone can connect but my versa 2 does the exact same thing

Best Answer

Sad but true.  You would think they would want us developers making cool apps for it so they could sell more watches.  But they can't seem to keep their developer server up (Connection error 1006), so we give up on writing apps.

Best Answer