Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error 1006 when connecting to developers bridge

ANSWERED

I've read some other posts about this, but none of them solved the problem for me. On my Ionic, I can't connect to the developers bridge. I keep getting Connection error 1006. The watch is connected to wifi, updates went well after initial start and after a factory reset. I've tried:

- restarting the watch

- resetting the watch to factory settings

- another wifi network

- connecting via phone hotspot

- 'forget' wifi network and set it up again

- deleting and installing the Fitbit app on my phone (Huawei Mate 9)

Nothing has worked for me...

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@vinnes: unfortunately, there is not much else to do. I'll DM you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@vinnes: unfortunately, there is not much else to do. I'll DM you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

- Same problem.

Tried everything listed in initial message but nothing works !

Can you DM me as well ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suffered from 1006 for a while recently. For the record, restarting the watch worked for me.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick question - what is the difference between a "RESTART" and a "FACTORY RESET" ?

I had to do a factory resent to change my custom exercise settings and in doing so had to reinstall all my apps etc.

Will the restart do the same ?  What exactly are the effects of a Restart ?

How do I do a restart ?

(I know this sounds basic - but having been through the Factory Reset procedure once before - and having experience of FitBits inability to correct basic errors - I do not want to loose what I have already on my watch)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd say a 'restart' is what happens when you 'shutdown' from the settings, then fire the watch back up by pressing the LHS button. It's less invasive than a factory reset (meaning that settings are retained), but won't purge as many problems.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'am in the same situatuation.

If you have other solutions to try, can you please write them in a post?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, best option is to contact the Fitbit Support. Kr, Ben.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to get help about the connection error 1006?

The support answered: 

Hi Alessandro, 

Thanks for your question about Developer Bridge and the connection Error 1006 in connecting Versa. 

To get support and information about our SDK, please visit the developer website (https://dev.fitbit.com/) and the SDK developer community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/bd-p/sdk).

Our app review team always includes notes about why an app was not accepted. Please review these notes and the App Gallery guidelines in the SDK developer community (https://dev.fitbit.com/legal/app-gallery-guidelines/)

Thank you.

Cordialmente,

Laura C e il team di Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to the Dev bridge connect error 1006, I experienced the Coach app update issue many others have seen. I suspected the 2 are related so checkout as below:

I deleted the existing Coach app and tried installing the new version with failure results.
I am a SW dev in real life and figure on testing the Fitbit waters so I enabled the developer bridge and tried to connect my Ionic to the Fitbit dev server but that failed with error 1006. 
I utilize an enterprise type gateway solution in my lab/home network but none of the logs showed blocked or limited traffic from my Ionic so I ran a sniffer and analyzed the traffic. I see failures due to missed replies from the Fitbit servers in both the app install and dev server connection attempts.
In a first 'shotgun' attempt, I bypassed all traffic from my Ionic through the gateway.
The failures to connect Ionic to the dev server no longer happen. Then I successfully performed an install of the Coach app. The Fitbit app popped up an error after the Coach install but it was installed. Subsequent syncs produce no errors.
Based on these results, I suspect the success some people have experienced by using wifi hotspot connections with a cellphone is because it's not being filtered through a home router or similar. Those have been known to cause issues in other applications and the manufacturers aren't typically forthcoming with info regarding their 'protection' algorithms.
I don't really have the time to research what was interfering with the connects to Fitbit in my environment but there was a disparity in the destination IP Address requested to Fitbit and the IP Address shown in the actual connect session's stats for my Ionic's IP Address.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this marked as SOLVED.  Nothing in these replies solve the error 1006.

Best Answer