Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling the right-hand text on a Select component in the settings view

ANSWERED

The text on the left side of the select button is controlled by the label attribute. The text above the list items is controlled by the title attribute. The text for each list item is controlled by the renderItem attribute. But is there any way to control the text on the right side of the select button?

For example, if a large number of items are in a list, it would be nice to be able to change this text to something like "12 Selected" instead of just showing the name of the first few items followed by an ellipsis.

As another example, let's say the user is selecting days of the week. If the user chooses every day of the week, rather than displaying "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wedn..." it would be nice to be able to change the text to "Every Day".

IMG_3577.png

I'll create this as a feature request if it currently isn't possible, but figured I'd check first.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I checked with the relevant team, but unfortunately it's not currently possible.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I checked with the relevant team, but unfortunately it's not currently possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries—I added this as a feature suggestion. We'll see how much demand there is for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I see you were able to use the multiple selection settings component.  How do you convert the newValue from the settings to use in index.js?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes