Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using GPS on Versa

Hi all,

my app VirtualPartner works well on the Ionic. I implemented GPS functionality and expected that those functions work identically with the Versa when a GPS connection to the companion was established.

Obviously there are some problems. I didn't figure it out by now, but my app first encounters a GPS connection but then gets no location data.

I already found some posts which tell about those problems but didn't find a solution or a suggestions how to handle it.

Is anybody able to help?

Regards

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Is it compiled for SDK2 and running on a Versa with Fitbit OS 2.2? That's the only version which supports the Device Geolocation API using connected gps for Versa.

Best Answer

ok - thanks for that.

I'm using the latest version of Fitbit studio - I suppose that's always the newest version because there are always auto updates. But I can't find any hint of versioning, but  I guess it automatically uses the latest SDK. -- Can I check the SDK version in a compiled app after compiling?

My Versa shows version 32.32.10.15 - because I get no hint of a newer version in the Fitbit app I also suppose that's the newest version.

Because I don't know what was the SDK version exactly with which I built the latest VirtualPartner I'm going to compile it once more and give it a try.

I'll come back to you after that.

Regards

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes

No additional answers @JonFitbit?

Regards

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I compiled a new version of the VirtualPartner with the newest Fitbit Studio and the version of my Versa is 32.32.10.15. But GPS tracking with the companion still isn't working.

Is there anything I can do?

Regards

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can factory reset your device to force Fitbit OS 2.2 to install. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/An-important-update-about-the-rollout-of-Fitbit-OS-2...

Best Answer

Thanks @JonFitbit.

What''s the version number of the latest OS version, when I want to check it on the Versa?

And which version do I have to use minimal that companion GPS works with third party apps on the Versa?

Regards

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Capitano wrote:

Thanks @JonFitbit.

What''s the version number of the latest OS version, when I want to check it on the Versa?

And which version do I have to use minimal that companion GPS works with third party apps on the Versa?

Regards

Capitano

The Fitbit OS 2.2 version number is x.32.12.19

The Geolocation Companion API can be used with any version, it's the Geolocation Device API which is new in Fitbit OS 2.2 for Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbit

A guy who wants to use my VirtualPartner with iPhone X and Versa has OS version 32.32.12.19. on the Versa.

I compiled the app about two weeks ago but it still doesn't work. The Versa can't use the GPS of the iPhone.

Has anybody some hints what I/we can do or check?

Regards

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure if this was answered, but did you verify in your package.json file that you are using SDK Version 2.0?  This is specified in a drop-down list in this file and defaults to Version 1.0.

John

Best Answer

@Drifty26great hint - didn't notice that by now and can't remember that anybody else mentioned that.

Now I sent a build for review with SDK 2.0 and I'm curious it that works...

Thanks

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbit mentioned this in the first reply, but it wasn't explicit what needed to be changed.

Hopefully this will work.

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's right - but I didn't know that I had to select it in the package.json...

Best Answer
0 Votes