Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom quick settings on clock face (For versa 2)

ANSWERED

I would like to create a custom clock face using Fitbit studio and wanted to know if it is possible to add a custom quick settings menu when swiping to the right on a Versa 2 (kind of like the Versa 3 UI has).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RatherNotSay  - brightness you have control over in the app natively and to some extent system too, with brightness override.

It is perhaps possible to detect swiping but the system may get there first so it's not reliable.

There are many system settings you don't have access to, DND and sleep schedule or sleep etc . Anything outside the clock face really.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I think you can still do so on Versa 2 (using 'mouse' events). But it's slightly risky because Fitbit could decide to use that swipe event for system purposes. Simple touch events are safer.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Hi @Gondwana  - do you know if if it's possible to override any of the system swipe and long press operations on a Versa 3?

It is greatly reducing the watch face functionality and limits what a face can do. The worst is the long press which keeps bringing up the Clocks app.

It should be possible to disable it in the settings. It is barely a useful addition, a long press to replace a swipe left and click, is not really useful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not in clockfaces. Apps have a bit more freedom at the moment, but even that isn't guaranteed to remain.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

@Gondwana  - thanks for confirming, rather a shame the new restrictions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So from my understanding swiping is possible... But could I add settings like DND, Brightness, Sleep Mode.... to the clock face? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some, but not all. Check the API documentation to see what's available on the watch and companion.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RatherNotSay  - brightness you have control over in the app natively and to some extent system too, with brightness override.

It is perhaps possible to detect swiping but the system may get there first so it's not reliable.

There are many system settings you don't have access to, DND and sleep schedule or sleep etc . Anything outside the clock face really.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could only find how to script a setting to change the colour of the background or text of the clock face through though the app API documentation. So I'm just clarifying that my goal is to make a quick settings menu similar that what is already on it but that I can swipe to right to access settings and battery life instead of swiping up twice then tapping quick settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_  Answered my question (right before I posted my reply 🤣) Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes