Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DANG Simulator fails to start TRY AGAIN

ANSWERED

Tried everything. 

All the simulator says is "DANG Simulator fails to start "

And Studio says: 

App msg queue full, see https://dev.fitbit.com/kb/message-queue-full for recommendations.

Only Versa is affected. the others (Ionic, Versa Lite, Versa)  run (almost) perfectly.

Even re-installing the simulator had no effect (Windows10)

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Finally found the answer elsewhere in the community. There was a (hidden) map in the directory which I deleted. Problem solved.
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Your clock or app is doing too much, blocking the event loop for too long. This causes the app/simulator to crash as you can see. You'll need to debug your code to see where you're blocking for too long, and chunk that work down using setTimeout.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Perhaps, but I can't get it to uninstall.
So how do I uninstall from the simulator if the "uninstall" doesn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no solution. Please clean my simulator on your server.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Finally found the answer elsewhere in the community. There was a (hidden) map in the directory which I deleted. Problem solved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the path to this (hidden) map? I am on Windows 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes
C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. This does not work for me, although it does for others. I have a laptop (Windows 10) and the simulator works there. The simulator does not work on my Windows 10 desktop (will try on others). Tired reinstalling, rebooting, etc. I can't get much from the log except a bunch of retries and fails. Just for information, here are the final entries showing that something is not responding:

[2020-02-05 18:17:15.897] [info] shell->app: {"id":0,"method":"initialize","params":{"capabilities":{"protocol":{"maxMessageSize":536870912}}},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
[2020-02-05 18:17:18.396] [warn] 1 retries left: MethodCallTimeout: No response received for RPC call to 'initialize'
[2020-02-05 18:17:28.403] [info] shell->app: {"id":0,"method":"initialize","params":{"capabilities":{"protocol":{"maxMessageSize":536870912}}},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
[2020-02-05 18:17:30.904] [error] Simulator hosts failed to start: MethodCallTimeout: No response received for RPC call to 'initialize'

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me elaborate a bit more:

I deleted the whole directory C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator.

In my case c:\gebruikers\mario\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator.  🙂

I did not reinstall,or delete the application itself.

I also found out that I get a lot of errors when the laptop is very slow, or when the internet connection is bad.

Let me ask you: does the simulator not start up at all? Not even with the logo shining?

does nothing work on the simulator, on any type of device? Can you switch to another device, like Versa 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Yes, I delete that entire directory prior to starting. It tries
to start, saying "Here we go" and "Simulator loading," eventually going the
"Dang" and Simulator failed to start messages.

I did not want to mess up my actual Versa 2, so I concentrated on the
simulator. I have no apparent problem with the development studio or the
Fitbit app -- just the simulator.

Comparing logs for the laptop where it works and the desktop where it
fails, I see the problem starting with an RPC call:

[2020-02-05 17:50:14.785] [info] appsim exit code: 1 (signal null)
[2020-02-05 17:50:14.909] [warn] 6 retries left: MethodCallTimeout: No
response received for RPC call to 'initialize'
[2020-02-05 17:50:19.914] [info] shell->app:
{"id":0,"method":"initialize","params":{"capabilities":{"protocol":{"maxMessageSize":536870912}}},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Hoping someone from Fitbit can tell me why the RPC is failing.
Best Answer

Stuck with the same problem.

Best Answer