Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data scrapping issue across multiple devices

I am trying to scrap data off of several different fitbits (each with their own accounts). I am using these methods: https://annofoneblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/19/your-heart-your-calories-your-sleep-your-data-how-to-e.... The first fitbit account always works with the steps outlined in that blog post. However, when I switch accounts to try and get data from a different account, I always get an error after parsing my response. The error is “The app you’re trying to connect did not provide valid information to Fitbit. Please report this issue to them.
Developer information: unauthorized_client – The client is not authorized to request an access token using this method.” When I wait a few days, I can log in to a different account and get the data from a new fitbit, but again only 1 fitbit at a time. Any thoughts on why this occurs and how to fix? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It sounds like you aren't authorising the new account. Each Fitbit account will need to grant access and provide its auth token before you can request data.

Authorization: Bearer enter-your-token-here

Best Answer
0 Votes