Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display simple website/url

ANSWERED

I am not a programmer so I apologize if this is a very simple operation but I could use a bit of help. I have a website on my company intranet that shows a page with the efficiency the plant is running. This is basically just a 2.1 digit number on a single page. Is there a way I can have an app to show that url when my ionic is connected to the company wifi (and have the page refresh every 5 minutes)? If this is possible, is there any chance of getting the example project code (say just pointed to www.google.com) that I could repurpose for my needs?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That's an interesting question. The communication would have to go via a mobile device (companion) that's running the Fitbit app; it wouldn't be directly from your intranet to your watch. However, you wouldn't need to interact with the mobile device once the app was installed.

I think the feasibility depends on whether the intranet server is accessible to the companion's fetch() implementation (an example is at https://dev.fitbit.com/guides/communications/file-transfer/#overview). If the server is too secure, it won't respond. Because fetch() implementations tend to be finicky, I don't think a simple boilerplate solution would work; it would be impossible to debug.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

That's an interesting question. The communication would have to go via a mobile device (companion) that's running the Fitbit app; it wouldn't be directly from your intranet to your watch. However, you wouldn't need to interact with the mobile device once the app was installed.

I think the feasibility depends on whether the intranet server is accessible to the companion's fetch() implementation (an example is at https://dev.fitbit.com/guides/communications/file-transfer/#overview). If the server is too secure, it won't respond. Because fetch() implementations tend to be finicky, I don't think a simple boilerplate solution would work; it would be impossible to debug.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gondwana answer is correct. Unfortunately, we don't have that specific type of application code available online.

Best Answer
0 Votes