Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editor for fitbit-SVG-implementation

ANSWERED

Hey folks, some time ago I started with the idea to write an SVG-editor for the fitbit-SVG-implementation.
The main goal was to be able to create a layout and then spit out the code in fitbit conform format (which I also used for the inputs of settings), so devs can just paste it into their index.view.
There's lots more to do... (more tags to integrate, add a list of elements to rearrange nodelist...)

I wonder whether anybody might be interested to collab on this project to restructure the code and make a nicer integration of all parts.
It is all written in Vanilla JS, HTML, CSS as I didn't want to use any frameworks or libs (a quirk of mine, but educational 😉)

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

EDIT: because of the overwhelming flood of interest I abandoned this project 😊

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @SunsetRunner - that looks like a great idea, and nice approach, I was able to create a background and save it.

Would it be able to import as well, in order to test problem index.views?

Seems like quite a task.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

haha... I haven't thought of that, and I'll confess I wouldn't want to
implement it, as the fitbit-syntax differs too much from the syntax for
displaying in HTML. I'd need to write an interface working in both directions. And
I'm already overwhelmed with the other TODOs.
When you copied the files, you will have seen what a chaos of different
approaches it includes (It actually started as pure fun project, like oh...
let me see how this would apply... and now this.)
Now I want to structure it and find a consistent and clean setup

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner- keep at it, it could be useful and most importantly fun.

Tried a similar thing for code when using Fitbit Studio, a project explorer  to help navigation and organisation, just pasting your code into it, as long as it has a decent coding structure to start with, in particular for handling comments.

It can use Alt+G from a search to jump to that line in Studio, so avoids quite a bit of scrolling.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks for your efford, I appreciate it. This tools is very helpful for me since I'm  not programmer. Just learning How to develop simple clockface on udemy.

Best Answer

But be aware it is far from being completed! Until now I only integrated the very basics (forms) but not groups, masks...

Anyway - I'm very happy you can make any use of it 🙂

Best Answer

So far this basic feature has been quite helpful, especially in making layouts. hope the next update will be better. Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

EDIT: because of the overwhelming flood of interest I abandoned this project 😊

Best Answer