Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetch API stops working with latest Fitbit PlayStore App (v3.9.1, released on Nov 1st, 2019).

ANSWERED

Dear Fitbit folks/developers,

Since the latest update of Fitbit app on Google PlayStore(v3.9.1, released on Nov 1st, 2019), the Fetch API that I used in the companion app to communicate with a local server on the phone (via PHP) has been throwing "TypeError: Failed to fetch" errors. Now I have to downgrade Fitbit App back to v3.8 to make it work again.

I'm wondering what the changes were in the latest Fitbit app update that could potentially lead to this inconsistency of FETCH API as part of the Fitbit SDK. Unfortunately, reading the release logs from Fitbit's website doesn't really provide me with much helpful insight. At this point, I'm not sure if it's some bug within the latest Fitbit app construction or if the way I used Fetch API to make http get/post requests to localhost is outdated.

Below is a snippet of the way I called fetch:

fetch('http://localhost:8080/check_command.php', { method: 'GET' }).then(function (response) {
    return response.text();
  }).then(function (obj) {
  }).catch(function (error) {
    debug && console.log(error);
  });

I'm looking forward to your reply and very happy to discuss more in details.

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this is a confirmed bug for 3.9.1. You'll need to rollback to a previous version, or wait for the next update. I don't have a timeline for the next release.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, this is a confirmed bug for 3.9.1. You'll need to rollback to a previous version, or wait for the next update. I don't have a timeline for the next release.

Best Answer

Hi, I have a similar problem with my app connecting to a Philips Hue hub, but running through an Android phone. I guess it is the same bug? I've got some reports from users about this. Is there an easy way to roll back the Android Fitbit app until you publish an update?

Thanks!

Jon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it safe to get the recent 3.10 after previously needing to downgrade or is the bug still not fixed?

Best Answer

I've just tested the version 3.10.1 and the bug is still present.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kbh2002de wrote:

Is it safe to get the recent 3.10 after previously needing to downgrade or is the bug still not fixed?

As you can see in this other thread, the problem persists also in the new version of Fitbit app.

Best Answer