Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Combo btn

ANSWERED

I'm trying to modify the Ionic Views template so that it fires on the pressing of the combo play button in my modified screen1.gui (which is my start screen) rather on the pressing of the whole screen. I can not get it to work and wondered whether anyone could help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps @gaperton can help with this?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Perhaps @gaperton can help with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it will help, but I have to say that the dev environment is very buggy. Initialisation is not consistent and you get no error messaging to indicate where the problem might be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, so in order to differentiate the root cause of the problem, I'd suggest creating the working example with combo button with plain SDK first. If it will work, and the similar example with Ionic Views won't, I will help (sorry, I'm really short of my resources and cannot spend time on voluntary Fitbit SDK support). For other people to help you, please be more specific and post .gui file and .js file content here or (better) create the gist and post the link here. There's a good chance that the solution is simple and doesn't relate to Ionic Views.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sincerely apologise if I came across as critical of you, that was not the intention. My issue is that it is a bit frustrating that I am not able to solve basic stuff myself (due to error messaging in the console not being as full as it could be). I'm actually going back to basics and working through your responses to others to see if I can help myself. I do have a working version with just the plain SDK but, as others noted in threads you have responded to, that throws issues with the onactivate event. I am pretty sure you have already answered my question I just need to read through some threads to make sure I understand it.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sincerely apologise if I came across as critical of you, that was not the intention. 

Nah, you didn't. 🙂 No need to apologise, it's fine by all means. And even if you will, it won't kill me, I'm not of the sensitive type, so please don't worry and go ahead :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

> I do have a working version with just the plain SDK but, as others noted in threads you have responded to, that throws issues with the onactivate event

Very good, so could you post your code with Ionic Views then. I will take a look. So far, I don't understand what could be the issue. Ionic Views is a tiny layer of about 100 lines of code which doesn't interfere with UI events processing in any way.

The part which would be particularly helpful is the code of your view where you subscribe to events in onMount() and the corresponding gui file.

Best Answer
0 Votes