Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Fitbit Sense][API] Is going FitBit sense temperature and EDA be exposed to the API ?

Hello,

I'm considering buying a large batch of the new FitBit sense for a scientific study. Is going FitBit sense temperature and EDA be exposed to the API, so that it could be measured by an independent software?

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31
After making use of the SDK for a while. EDA and skin temperature data is
not exposed to the API. Skin temperature data can be extracted from the
dashboard in 1 minute increments though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon,

I would also like to know this information for my research

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love info on the calls for temp and spo2 etc calls also if you can provide it please, I would be thankful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi SeanAnastasi, does this mean we basically cannot access the EDA and temperature data at all from the API, even though the device technically is capturing it in the background? Too bad as I was really hoping to use this as not only a fitness tracker, but to do some experiments with... guess will have to keep looking. Had the Sense in the cart and nearly checked out, but after seeing this thread will have to hold off for now...

Best Answer

I will put money if it is being read, someone can find where the date is stored!!! They just don't make it easy.

Best Answer

Hallo, I would need some help on this one too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm considering buying a FitBit sense for a scientific study. Is FitBit sense ECG temperature and EDA  exposed to the API? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon,

As part of our master's project we would like to access EDA through your API as well. Is there a way you can grant us access to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon,

Could you please indicate if the EDA and SPO2 are available through API? I am developing an app as part of my university project that could use these.

Best Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

"A public API would allow clever developers to bypass the premium subscription service"

The user getting access to the hardware we paid for?  The horror!  I 100% understand a subscription for FitBit giving analysis & recommendations based off data, and I might theoretically understand a subscription for FitBit plotting the data nicely in a UI.  These are both examples of FitBit providing an additional resource we might subscribe to.

What I find unacceptable is simply giving the user access to the hardware we already paid for.  FitBit is providing no additional services in that case, there is no excuse to charge a subscription fee.  Give me my data!

Best Answer

I would really like an answer for that as well. I'm a Master's student and am considering using the fitbit sense, but I would need to have some kind of access to EDA data. Is it available in any way?

Best Answer

@BookHammer Everthing you say. I would add that the data that Fitbit is not providing via API are our data, not Fitbit data.

Best Answer