Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Studio Down?

ANSWERED

I have had many issues accessing Fitbit Studio today and even when I have gotten a project to load I get near-constant "Ugh - failed to save" errors. Is there an issue with the servers today?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

At the risk of jinxing things, I should note that this now appears to be resolved and Fitbit Studio is working reliably for me at this time.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

I think this issues still happening and right now I can't even access the studio.

A message appears saying the next:

"Here we go
Checking login..."

So I would say fitbit studio services are definitely down.
Best Answer
0 Votes

seems so

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having trouble accessing Fitbit studio the last few days so you might be right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid Fitbit is slowly discontinuing support for Studio (no support for Sense 2 and Versa 4)

That didn’t work
Projects failed to load

I hope Google will set up a similar studio so I can switch to pixel watch.

If not, then I'm off to Garmin.

Either way, support from Fitbit is not good. Some problems are never resolved.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer

Still occurring today. Development on this app is my main hobby at this time, so it's very frustrating to be utterly unable to work on this.

Errors I am seeing:

• Projects failed to load
  • Project failed to load
  • That project doesn't exist
  • <filename> failed to save
  • There was a problem loading the selected file

Upon build:

• Internal error during build. Guru Meditation: Error: Failed to preload project files for build

I have obviously tried logging out and back in, and tried accessing from multiple OSes/browsers

I have never experienced constant issues like this before with Fitbit Studio. I hope this can be addressed soon!

Best Answer

You're right and it has been occurring since yesterday. 

I know fitbit isn't oriented to developers but mainly focused on the final user,

however, there are some interesting utilities that we can take advantage of but not on this way.

As developers we can do nothing if we can't develop. There isn't even an offline version of fitbit studio.

I'm truly disappointed with the environment and the company so I'm moving to Empatica and Wear OS 

smartwatches. Wear OS is much better when talking about software development and communicationç

with other devices and Empatica's wristbands are full of interesting sensors and utilities, the perfect tracker

for research (quite expensive).

I hope you found something interesting in my words.

Best Answer

Was Fitbit Studio this **ahem**ty before Fitbit was bought up by Google?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The weird thing is that https://www.fitbitstatus.com/ says that there are no problems with Fitbit Studio and it should be up and running

Best Answer

At the risk of jinxing things, I should note that this now appears to be resolved and Fitbit Studio is working reliably for me at this time.

Best Answer

Have you confirmed this ? I saw where they had just put out a patch, I believe 6.1, earlier this year and moved older development to CLI. Did they make an announcement to discontinue?

Best Answer
0 Votes