Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Studio Failing to Install App

This just started happening recently. Whenever I go to run my clock face on the Fitbit, I get this error:

[9:30:27 PM]Sideload of app failed. RPC call to 'app.install.stream.finalize' could not be completed as the RPC stream is closed

This is incredibly frustrating as I can't figure out what's causing the issue, nor how to solve it.
The Fitbit Simulator simply says "Dang, Simulator failed to start. Try again", however, trying again do

Update: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Simulator several times to no avail. Hopefully I can resolve this soon, I was in the middle of making a clock face when it crashed.

Second Update: The issue is resolved for a VERY LIMITED TIME if I log out and log back in on Fitbit Simulator. This allows me to make at most one or two changes to the clock face before the Simulator realizes that it isn't supposed to be working and crashes.
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

When you next reproduce the issue, can you capture the log files?

OS X: ~/Library/Logs/Fitbit OS Simulator/log.log
Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator\log.log

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be a common problem, for months, with no solution. Is anyone successfully using the simulator?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

It works on my Windows 10 laptop (just upgraded from Windows 7), but not on my Windows 10 desktop. Final entries in the log file:

[2020-02-05 18:17:15.897] [info] shell->app: {"id":0,"method":"initialize","params":{"capabilities":{"protocol":{"maxMessageSize":536870912}}},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
[2020-02-05 18:17:18.396] [warn] 1 retries left: MethodCallTimeout: No response received for RPC call to 'initialize'
[2020-02-05 18:17:28.403] [info] shell->app: {"id":0,"method":"initialize","params":{"capabilities":{"protocol":{"maxMessageSize":536870912}}},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
[2020-02-05 18:17:30.904] [error] Simulator hosts failed to start: MethodCallTimeout: No response received for RPC call to 'initialize'

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BabyTack  I have the same problem when I try to side load to my watch.

For some reason my watch keeps the last side loads or GAM loads in memory.

take a look at the app “clocks” on your watch.

Sometimes a reboot of the watch will help, sometimes a reboot of the phone will help.

sometimes the app on the phone keeps trying to install the watch face, even while it’s already running.

mystery.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also get the same problem with the Fitbit OS Simulator 0.8.2 when

1. Trying to launch the app, sometimes

2. Trying to uninstall the app, nearly all the time

3. When trying to run an app from Fitbit Studio

Is there a solution to this problem?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never got an answer. Fitbit development seems to be a waste of time.
The company does not support it, despite the hype.
Best Answer
0 Votes