Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Studio - OS Simulator

Once Fitbit Studio is removed where will the OS Simulator be available from, or is it being discontinued too?

Will all the references to the the Fitbit Studio be removed from the Getting Started and other places, otherwise it will be very confusing?

I found this old out-of-date link https://simulator-updates.fitbit.com/download/latest/win

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

The simulator is not a part of Studio, so its links shouldn't need to change.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gondwana  -  there are links to Fitbit Studio all over the place. It would be very misleading if they remain.

And it seems  Fitbit Studio is the only place where you can get the current OS simulator.

So once Fitbit Studio is removed you can't download the current simulator.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only links that I know of for the simulator are here. I don't doubt that there are others.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gondwana- that page needs to be heavily revised to remove Fitbit Studio references, but it does point to the current OS Simulator but that also points to Fitbit Studio. The old out-of-date link needs updating to point to the latest version.

No mention has been made what is happening to the Simulator when Studio is removed, will it be abandoned too, is there an update for use with CLI?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sim works perfectly with CLI; it's not Studio-specific.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly the OS simulator will not be avaible on any other source other than the app

Best Answer
0 Votes