Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garage door controller app for Fitbit - Developer Needed

Hi All,

There was a community request to implement the Fitbit app for Garadget (open source smart garage door controller). The devices are controlled via REST calls against a well documented API. Test account and developer units are available.

Anybody interested in taking on such project?

Garadget

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I don't know if you would be willing to ship one all the way to New Zealand to me (I can pay the shipping and even put down a deposit if need be) But I would love to work on this.

I only have a single (albeit complex) clock face in the app store (quick stats) but I can assure you I can have something up quickly.

Please let me know if you would consider shipment to NZ.

Best Answer

@FlyBoyJIt,

Thank you for your interest in this project. We ship anywhere in the world with the power adapter specific to the region. More information is coming in PM.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A garage door opener is a cool idea. But I worry about the inconsistency of messages from device to call companion to send the rest call. Would make it or break it really. Send me some details, I can take a look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BrianEnders,

The typical scenario involves the client app initiating the outgoing request to REST API to either request the current status of the door or to send the command to the controller. The link for the API documentation is in the initial post.

Best Answer
0 Votes