Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf Pad GPS - Any Plans from anyone to make fitbit compatible?

I am not a developer, but digging around found this area for communication. If GolfPad GPS app can work with the retired PEBBLE, fitbit needs to up its game to have the Number One athletic wear device incorporate GolfPad. 

Thanks for at least reading and thinking about it!

David

https://golfpadgps.com/tags

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Pmain,

A developer cannot simply build an app using the infrastructure of Golf Pad. Your link points to the golf pad tags. The NFC reader in the fitbit cannot read the (passive) golf pad tags. The only method is to scan the tag with your phone and then send that information to the watch. The fitbit does not allow a phone app to communicate with your Fitbit app directly. That is exactly the reasons why Golf Pad does not support the Fitbit. You can read so on their forums.

Btw, I will release a new version of my app next week where you can select the club after a shot detection. The beta version already includes that functionality.

There is very good Golf app already available for fitbit, it's called "GOLF GPS rangefinder" and it is created by me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You don't need full app integration between FitBit and GolfpadGPS...too much hardware gets in the way of success.

But, if Fitbit could simply keep track of the putting end, spit pin, spot ball, measure putt.. seems like simple GPS coordinate transfer, and the ability within GolfPad to use the linked fit bit. 

How hard is a screen that says stand by hole press X, stand by ball, press X.. then press button for number of putts.

Something to consider

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for creating Golf GPS Rangefinder.  When I looked at google play store - it says there is a free version.  However using the fitbit apps - its a pay version.  Why the difference?  Do you have a free fitbit version - I am using Versa 3 - just taking up the game.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
The android version is very limited but do offer maps.

Fitbit is so much more work to develop for and maintain, hence the pricing.
You have a week free trial. You can choose for 0.99 cents a month to try it
a little bit longer.
Best Answer
0 Votes