Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What besides health&fitness monitoring do you like in a smartwatch? (and why?)

This is a general question, not specific to the Fitbit brand (let alone ane particular device), nor to placement on continuum of official endorsement [e.g.: zeroth-party (pre-instslled ⅋ restricted from de-installing) vs. fourth-party (third-party off public market)] although examples might be helpful.

Some instances of non- wellness capabilities include various payment apps, receiving phone notifications (messages, phonecalls, et c.), getting textmessages andor phonecalls, placing/sending them, and various apps (confined to the watch, ⩕ perhaps operating with a phone-app). What other functions or abilities do you enjoy out of a smartwatch (and which not)?

Personally I have never used any of them in earnest, except for maybe weather widget, because my smartphone already does all the on-the-go non- health-tracking stuff that matters to me. Unless the watch is able to fully stand-in for my phone so that I can leave the phone behind without missing it, or perhaps take a substantial load off the phone's battery, then I don't get the point. Having builtin cellular connectivity (e.g. 4G) might be useful for me but mainly for enhanced locational accuracy&speed.

What about yous-all?

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0