Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate is no longer displayed since yesterday?

ANSWERED

Hi,

I've a very weird issue. I was playing with different clockfaces and yesterday went back to my own clockface which was working as intended for last 1-2 weeks. After getting back to my Clockface I noticed that it no longer displays the heart rate even though I have not changed my code (I published a new update but according to gam it is still under review, also update did not have any changes to heartrate). I am additionally using k-pay.

// index.js

// Create new HR Sensor handle
let hrm = new HeartRateSensor();
// When the value changes, update text
hrm.onreading = function() {
  // Peek the current sensor values
  hrtValue.text = hrm.heartRate || 0;
  // Stop monitoring the sensor
  hrm.stop();
}

// Update calories, altitude, steps and heartrate
function updateText() {
  //Update only if display is turned on to save battery life
  if (display.on) {
  hrm.start();  
  }
}

I've also tried putting hrm.start() outside of the display.on but still have the same problem.

Any ideas? Studio console also does not display any errors

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

switching to:

import './kpay/release/kpay_messaging.js';

instead of:

import './kpay/release/kpay_filetransfer.js';

Worked!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

It seems to be an issue with K-Pay. After removing K-Pay components heart rate started working again

Best Answer
0 Votes

switching to:

import './kpay/release/kpay_messaging.js';

instead of:

import './kpay/release/kpay_filetransfer.js';

Worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might just need to reboot your device. There was a known issue where messaging fails to load due to low memory, but it's been fixed in 2.2

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for a reply. I already switched my clockfaces to the method I described above. If that fails I will revert to the recommended method as described by k-pay and reboot a device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbit - Recently (last 3 weeks or so) I have also had some users of my watch faces for Ionic and Versa report that stat readings and hr is not loading on the watch face. Some are users who have been using them and they have stopped. New users have had the issue upon downloading them.  

I am am unable to duplicate it on my test devices or within the simulators. With the changes to the SDK and the update to 2.2, is this something that is related to low memory not loading messaging?

6226F5E3-7277-4DE2-B0BA-E526B3ED9C07.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jomis003 wrote:

@JonFitbit - Recently (last 3 weeks or so) I have also had some users of my watch faces for Ionic and Versa report that stat readings and hr is not loading on the watch face. Some are users who have been using them and they have stopped. New users have had the issue upon downloading them.  

That's a strange one, I would expect all of the stats to be unavailable if it was the memory issue, unless the values for `active minutes` and `distance` are defined in your gui file?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a strange one indeed. The GUI file is only calling the text ID and setting a default of the “- -“. Then in the .js file I have a function that pulls the today.adjusted.”stat” and sets it to the text element.  

Right now, each stat reading is separated into their own function exported and the called by the index.js. I could try to combine them into a single function but not sure how that would change anything. Like I said, I can’t recreate it and only a few are complaining. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have had a user contact me about something similar too. they have said they are seeing NULL or the 2 dashes that i show if the timestamp is the same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes