Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with fitbit devices that support certain readings

ANSWERED

Greetings,

I'm totally new to our fitbit community and would like to develop an application for fitbit devices.

The current data I would need access to is heart rate, oxygen level, and accelerometer. I know most fitbit devices support the first twos, for example luxe and inspire 3, but I cannot find any information regarding accelerometer, or depth-related reading. I've been looking up the comparison between devices, but none show accelerometer capability. Very confusing reading outside resources as well.

So my question is: which fitbit devices support all of these readings, especially accelerometer? 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SDK is the only choice if you want real-time. SDK can get you heart rate and accelerometer, but not SPO2. SDK can only be used with Versa 1/2/3 and Sense 1. Versa 4 and Sense 2 support might come.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you wanting to use the Web API or the SDK?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thank you for your quick response @Gondwana 

I'm thinking to start with the SDK and test a few things out. Also aim to make this app a real-time one as well. Any suggestion for me is totally welcome

Best Answer
0 Votes

SDK is the only choice if you want real-time. SDK can get you heart rate and accelerometer, but not SPO2. SDK can only be used with Versa 1/2/3 and Sense 1. Versa 4 and Sense 2 support might come.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer