Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract accelerometer data from versa 4

Hello,

I would like to get information about extracting accelerometer data from a versa 4.

We would like this information for different type of measurement. Is it possible to get real time accelerometer data to a server for a period of 1 hour.

We are using python as script. Please inform us how we can get this accelerometer data. In the SDK of Fitbit there is something mentioned. But not really worked out. I've found also some scripts which could extract this data, but till now I get everytime an error for reading out. Althougt the versa 4 has accelerometer data, we cannot get these at the moment. Or is there another way to extract these data of x, y, z accelerometer. Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @weusthofm and welcome to the Community.  I'm moving your post to a developer forum.  This forum's focus is user device questions.  I found this page that might help you get started.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it's possible to do this using the Web API. If you look in the SDK Development forum, you'll see many other posts about this. The short answer is that you'll need to wait until Fitbit releases an SDK for Versa 4.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you tell me which device of fitbit currently is capable of showing accelerometer data. The only ones which I found were de versa and ionic. Now I've bought the versa 4, for obvious reasons, now the SDK is not working for versa 4. Which SDK can read out accelerometer data from which fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 4 and Sense 2 will almost certainly work when Fitbit releases the SDK for those. Right now, any earlier Versa or Sense will work. I'd be wary about buying a superseded watch unless you really can't wait.

In all cases, you'll need to use the Device API (with SDK version appropriate to the watch type).

Also be warned that this is a difficult thing to do, and you can't do it all in Python.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@weusthofmThere is some source code to do this here (see 'Accelerometer Fetcher' and 'Android Fitbit Fetcher'). It's very rough.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes