Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visually creating or editing an index.view file

Does someone know if there is a third party tool which an be used to visually create or edit an index.view file for clock app? Or is building the whole app and running in Fitbit OS simulator or device the only way?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @r.b  - as Fitbit studio is no longer available you now have to store the files on your disk.

The simplest solution is to use any text editor to edit the relevant project files but there are product environments, such as Visual Code , Visual Studio Code in various flavours that also work but have to be downloaded and installed.

Some editors, such as Textpad, have syntax support so elements are colour coded.

Have a look at Getting started 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Guy_, and sorry my question of  "visually creating or editing.." might have been ambiguous. I actually meant a GUI tool, like the Layout Editor in Android Studio. I have used both Fitbit Studio (until it was available) and Visual Studio Code, and both are more than sufficient to write codes, but for layouts I think a GUI tool might be more helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @r.b - It is a good question. 

A while ago @Barbwire-1 started a tool using an online site, see Editor for fitbit-SVG-implementation, but the name of the site she used has been removed and her account is no longer active. At a guess the removal of Fitbit Studio and lack of support for Sense 2 and Versa 4 might have been too discouraging. You may find a general online tool but because of Fitbit specifics it may be of limited use.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, @Guy_ . Yes, this abandoned tool might be what I was looking for. So, I will give up looking for a GUI tool and stick with Visual Studio Code.

Best Answer
0 Votes