Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle user notifications from within my app?

ANSWERED

How may I pop up user notifications (the one from Twitter, Gmail ... etc) in my app?

If it is NOT my business, 🙂 , How do I access the unread and historical notifications from within my app?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Notifications are handled by the system, and will just appear on screen. Developers don't need to implement anything for that. There aren't any notification APIs for reading or replying to notifications either.

I hope that helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Notifications are handled by the system, and will just appear on screen. Developers don't need to implement anything for that. There aren't any notification APIs for reading or replying to notifications either.

I hope that helps.

Best Answer

even without a method of knowing the number of how many notifications I've missed?

Best Answer

We don't currently have an API for that.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some more questions about notifications to help me with planning my solution...

(1) When a notification arrives from a phone app, does the user have to dismiss it on the device? Or does it disappear on timeout?

(2) Can the user browse through a list of notifications recently received from the phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

(3) Can a companion app send app notifications to the device to be displayed by FitBit's notification handler (so the notification shows without my app running)?

Without a way for my device app to instantly communicate with my native phone app, I fear my app would be too annoying to use. I'm looking for alternative approaches.

Best Answer

FYI, I've posted a feature suggestion asking for FitBit apps to be able to provide notifications from the background:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Background-notifications-for-Ionic-apps/idi-p/21...

Best Answer
0 Votes