Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off the HR sensor?

I can tell my watchface not to read the HR sensor, but the background health app still keeps it running (light keeps flashing). Is there a way I can completely turn off the sensor? Also, does the Body-presence use the HR sensor to determine whether or not the watch is on the body?

I'm trying to make a clockface specific to low light environments; Photographic darkrooms in particular (yea, not too many of us left using those, but that's beside the point). Due to the flashing green light on the optical HR sensor, I can't use my Versa in my darkroom (small amounts of red light are okay, blue/green light even in very small amounts is very bad). I expect there are other situations (astronomy?) where the ability to black-out the watch would be beneficial.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Have a look in the 'Settings' app on your watch. I don't think you can control this via API.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning off the HR in the watch settings does not disable the light / optical sensor.

I am hoping to make turning off the light a one button press process, so while that would be better than nothing, I'd still prefer to disable the sensor via API.

Best Answer
0 Votes

give it enough time they will stop working on their own.  Fitbit sucks

Best Answer
0 Votes