Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with making clockface for Versa 1

ANSWERED

Hi! I recently decided to make myself a clockface with some fancy bells and whistles for my Versa 1 I got a while back, so went to youtube to follow a tutorial then go from there, but I'm encountering problems from the get-go. 

As provided in the video I've downloaded the code the guy used with the hopes of getting it setup on mine then tinkering from there, but I get a bug saying the following when I try to run it

• Error: One or more required files do not exist in the project: resources/widgets.gui

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I'm very invested in the idea of making my own clockface

For reference, the tutorial I'm following is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8gSjtD1Qvs

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You need to do the changes Gondwana had linked (in reversed direction)

Change index.view to index.gui

Change the ending of resources widgets

Change the imports in widgets

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds like a problem with incompatible SDK version (and perhaps build targets) in package.json. Your SDK version needs to be 4ish or less; I'm guessing it's 5 or 6.

Details on changes are here in the SDK 5 announcement entry; you may need to reverse some of them.

If you search the SDK forum for SDK4 SDK5, you should find more info.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

I do believe I've set my SDK version to either 4.3 or 4.4 (whatever shows up on the thing) as it's the only version that the Versa 1 actually appears as an option to build for. Though I will double check this when I go on my comp

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just double checked, the SDK version is set to 4.3 and the Fitbit Versa option is selected

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to do the changes Gondwana had linked (in reversed direction)

Change index.view to index.gui

Change the ending of resources widgets

Change the imports in widgets

Best Answer

Thank you BarbWire-1 and Gondwana for the help with this! I've got the thing actually working and can now start tinkering away!

Best Answer