Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the companion

I am trying to get the communcation between a clockface and companion to work.

Currently it works in the OS simulator but when it is on a device and mobile via the private link in Fitbit Gallery App Manager, it doesn't work.

Ill breakdown what i do with the companion:

When the display is on i call to fetch an image

display.onchange = () => {
    if (display.on) {
        fetchImage();
    }
}

The fetchImage function will send to the companion (This is the bit that isnt happening)

const fetchImage = () => {
    if (messaging.peerSocket.readyState === messaging.peerSocket.OPEN) {
        messaging.peerSocket.send({
            command: 'image'
        });
    }
}

Finally, in my companion i check if the image is cached otherwise i fetch the image i need.

This works as it should when in the simulator but once it is on an actual phone and device the peerSocket.readState never appears to be OPEN.

When i  log between the companion and app, it works exactly the same as the OS simulator but still no image unless in the simulator.

[11:00:24 AM] Companion: Successfully got data                       (companion/index.js:17,17)
[11:00:24 AM] Companion: Successfully got Ionic image data           (companion/index.js:22,25)
[11:00:24 AM] Companion: send data back                              (companion/index.js:63,5)
[11:00:25 AM]       App: Image Received                              (app/index.js:83,5)
[11:00:25 AM]       App: Process images                              (app/index.js:33,9)
[11:00:55 AM]       App: Ionic Received: ionic-image.png             (app/index.js:37,17)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

So from what i can tell everything is working as it should be.

Is it something to do with the image reference?

Currently it is referring to this:

image.href = '/private/data/ionic-image.png';
Best Answer
0 Votes